Privacy Statement & Safety Tips
marryACatholic.com is an online matrimonial website endeavoring constantly to provide you with quality matrimonial services. This privacy statement is common to all MarryACatholic.comusers. Since we are strongly committed to your right to privacy, we have drawn out a privacy statement with regard to the information we collect from you.
To register on the website you are required to provide certain personal information. This information includes (but is not limited to) data that specifically identifies an individual, such as a user name, name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, religion, rite, gender, photos, employment details, income details, family background, physical and health data etc.
By using the services you acknowledge that:
- we cannot ensure the security privacy of information you provide through the Internet and your email messages, and you release us from any and all liability in connection with the use of such information by other parties;
- we are not responsible for, and cannot control, the use by others of any information which you provide to them and you should use caution in selecting the personal information you provide to others through the Service; and
- we cannot assume any responsibility for the content of messages sent by other users of the website, and you release us from any and all liability in connection with the contents of any communications you may receive from other users. We cannot guarantee, and assume no responsibility for verifying, the accuracy of the information provided by other users of the website regarding particulars of status, age, income of other members. Your membership is only for personal use. It is not to be assigned, transferred or licensed so as to be used by any other person/entity. If misuse is detected, your membership would be immediately terminated. We reserve all rights to terminate membership, with no liability to the user.
Our servers may also automatically collect information about your computer when you visit the website, including but not limited to the type of browser software and version you use, the operating system and platform you are running, the website that referred you to us, your IP or internet protocol address used to connect your computer to the Internet, average time spent on our site, pages viewed, information searched for, access times, "click stream data" and other relevant information about your online experience.
By using the MarryACatholic.com, you agree to receive certain specific email from the website relating to your membership or any alerts of any activity on the site or those of content promotion on the site. Should you not want to receive such e-mail, you may at any time cancel your subscription to such e-mails by sending a mail with the request for the same to email@example.com.
You hereby confirm that as on the date of your registration with the website, you have not registered yourselves on the Do Not Disturb (DND) subscriber list with any telecom operator / authority. In the event, you register yourselves as a Do Not Disturb (DND) subscriber; you hereby confirm that you do not have any objection to receiving messages (promotional or otherwise) from the website.
User understands that the Institution does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to your content (including any personal information) other than as specified in the Privacy and Security Policy. All visitors to our site may browse the site, search the ads and view any articles or features our site has to offer without entering any personal information or paying money. As a paid member of this site, you have the privilege to contact twenty of profiles in a single day. If you want to contact more profiles than the specified limit in a single day, he/she can do so after the completion of 12 hours of their login time.
MarryACatholic.com aims to provide you with a safe & secure environment in which you search and find your life partner.
- Our Customer Relations team ensures that every profile put up at MarryACatholic.com is screened for irrelevant and/or inappropriate content.
- We also have strict abuse-prevention and reporting systems for those that do get through our screening systems.
- However, in ensuring your safety & privacy, we're limited to actions that are within our control. Therefore, it is necessary for you to exercise some simple precautions for your privacy & for a safe and secure experience.
1. Start slow
- If you like a profile, you can click the Like button to express interest to the other party.
- You can like maximum of 5 profiles in a day and 3 in the subsequent day.
- The person you have liked would be intimated about your interest.
- If the other party is interested in your profile, they would also press the like button following which your email address, phone number and postal address would be shared with both parties.
- You are expected to contact the other party directly and take your discussion forward.
- Don't use your regular or official email id for communicating with a person you don't know well.
- Incase of a misuse of phone number, email address or address, your profile would be immediately terminated and you will not be entitled to a refund.
2. Photo policy
All photos uploaded on our website are watermarked and must not be downloaded or screenshots be taken. If you violate this policy, your account will be terminated and you will not be entitled to a refund.
3. Meet when you are ready
4. Meet in a safe place
5. Watch for warning signs
Watching for warning signs and acting upon it is the surest way to avoid an uncomfortable situation.
- Ask a lot of questions and watch for inconsistencies. This will help you detect liars & cons, and it will help you find out if you're compatible.
- Pay attention to displays of anger, intense frustration or attempts to pressure or control you. Acting in a resentful manner, making demeaning or disrespectful comments, or any physically inappropriate behavior are all warning signs.
- Involve your family or your close friends in your search for a life partner and do not take a decision unilaterally.
- Don't ignore the following behavior specially if it is without an acceptable explanation:
- Provides inconsistent information about age, interests, appearance, marital status, profession, employment, etc.
- Fails to provide direct answers to direct questions
- Appears significantly different in person from his or her online persona
- Never introduces you to friends, professional associates or family members
6. Beware of money scams
Watch out for money scams. There are just too many con artists and scam artists around the world, and they are everywhere.
- Be wary of those who try to ask money from you for whatever reason. But it would be safer to cut off the communication. Remember a genuine person will not ask you for money in any circumstance. If someone asks you for money, use common sense and never give in to such requests.
- In case someone asks you for money report the situation to us.
- Take all the time you need to decide on a trustworthy person and pay careful attention along the way. Be responsible about romance, and don't fall for the oldest con tricks of people who shower love and affection at the first instance and disappear later. Don't become prematurely close to someone, even if that intimacy only occurs online.
Using your own good judgment is your best bet because ultimately you are responsible for your personal experience. Trust your instincts and then move ahead with the right person! If you do have an unpleasant experience you can always report it to the authorities.
- If you have any questions regarding our Privacy Statement, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org